Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Director of Key Accounts
The Director of Key Accounts is a management position accountable for collaborating with Territory Managers and respective Director of Sales in the planning the activities necessary to achieve growth budget and increase market share with the company’s largest customers. Develop a trustworthy relationship with key customers while thoroughly understanding their needs and requirements. The position will serve as the link of communication between key customers and our internal team. The director of key accounts will also bring in new business from existing clients or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential clients.
This position reports directly to the VP of Animal Management and has no direct reports.
Duties and responsibilities
lead role with assigned accounts while involving the Territory manager and
Director of Sales
- Review and create actions to the maximum growth potential of assigned accounts.
- Foster relationships with multiple levels within accounts.
- Collaborate with appropriate Director of Sales and Vice President on key account objectives and programs to ensure alignment with Territory Managers.
- Develop additional channel distribution opportunities.
- Cooperate with Inside Sales Manager on identified accounts to optimize growth.
- Deploy category management techniques.
- Manage marketing expense to ensure spend aligns with the established budget.
- Monitor and report competitive activity and industry intelligence.
- Travel to assigned customers relative to growth opportunities and as assigned by Vice President\ ~70%
- Utilize CRM Planning and activity management.
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate while having superior organizational skills.
- Experience –
- Sales or marketing experience.
- 5 years Field Sales experience dealing with corporate and/or head office accounts
- Key Account experience
- Education –
- A 4-year college degree is required from an accredited college or university; MBA is preferred.
- Skills –
- Strong computer skills with high proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding time and project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Problem-solving and negotiation aptitude.
Permanent - Full time
Job no: AKAG05180
Location: Kansas City, MO - USA
Closing Date: Friday, 7 February 2020
Online Recruitment CRM Solution Powered by © PhoenixATS