Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Software Engineers (Intermediate & Senior)
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. Not only does our technology protect some of the world’s highest security environments and agriculture businesses but our purpose also means we care deeply about our people and their families. With operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports to over 130 countries, we provide our employees unrivalled globally focused career pathways.
Our culture is
entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, challenging and ever changing. We have a strong
focus on keeping up to date with technology and industry trends through
mentoring, regular knowledge sharing seminars, conferences, and by working
alongside customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day.
To support our growth, we’re looking for expressions of interest from passionate and innovative Software Developers with 3+ years of industry experience to join our cross functional security squads. These squads are highly responsive, fast paced, creative. We work in a highly collaborative environment and believe in everyone having a voice.
Our software has won multiple global awards, and we’re continuing to trail-blaze, transitioning our on-premises application into the cloud, reinventing as we go. We have a strong focus on keeping up-to-date with technology and industry trends through mentoring, regular development seminars, conferences, and working alongside customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day.
As part of
#TeamGallagher you will
- A creative problem solver, prepared to lean into the unknown and open to new learning
- Someone who shares knowledge freely and cares about making things better
- Motivated to write commercial software with a focus on code longevity and quality, including automated unit testing
- Energised by solving the curliest problems and deeply understanding application logic
To be considered for this role, you will have
- A minimum of 3+ years commercial development experience
- C# and/or C++
- SQL databases – PostgreSQL, SQL Server or similar
- Working in agile product-focused teams
- RESTful API development (desirable)
- DevOPs Skills or interest (desirable)
- Cloud development experience (desirable)
- Experience with AWS (desirable)
Wanting to move to New Zealand?
With employees from all over the globe, Gallagher is a truly international community. We have INZ Employer Accreditation and are actively seeking applicants from overseas and would love to assist you with your immigration journey, including financial relocation support and visa assistance.
Gallagher is based in the vibrant, multi-cultural city of Hamilton, with mountains, world class surf beaches, bike trails and award-winning restaurants on your doorstep a true work life balance is a given. It's no coincidence that films with the most epic scenery ever were filmed in New Zealand!
- You’ll be joining a responsive future focused team with a supportive, flexible work culture. It’s the culture at Gallagher that results in 94% of our people saying they are proud to work here.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Flexible hours & hybrid work arrangements; Full trust working environment that enables you to work from home a couple of days each week
- When you’re in the office, we have free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby
- Discounts at Health, Fitness and Childcare providers, and free flu vaccinations
- Kiwisaver contribution up to 5%
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance Scheme
- Access to our community giving programme, enabling you to do some volunteer work, ask Gallagher to donate to an organisation you’re involved in, or take part in a corporate challenge
- Plenty of fun along the way; Team building events, a company wide end-of-year Christmas function, inspiring guest speakers, and team lunches
Growth at Gallagher is constant, and we are building our team with like-minded individuals who relate to our story so that together we can continue to push the boundaries of what is possible. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and an appointment to the position may be made prior to the listing closing – so apply now.
Online HRM Solution Powered by © PhoenixHRIS