Software Support Engineer
Permanent - Full time
Would you describe yourself as agile, patient and self-motivated? Are your strengths multi-tasking, setting priorities, effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders building a good rapport and understanding customer needs? Are you a logical thinker but have a creative side?
We are now on the hunt for an experienced software support engineer to join our research & development team. You’ll be working specifically on our animal management weighing & EID projects. Day to day you will be responsible for existing software maintenance and enhancements. To be successful in the role you would have already checked off the above requirements, but from a technical point of view you’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience .NET (C#, VB.NET)
- Good understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, XML, SOAP, JSON
- Good understanding of MVC/MVP/MVVM design patterns.
- Experience in Android and/or iOS development
- Good understanding of communication protocol TCP, UDP, RS232 etc
- 2+ Years experience in C++
- Experience working in Agile software development
If you have knowledge on the below that’s an added bonus:
- Working with embedded devices (preferably with WinCE, Linux)
- Experience with cloud development
If this sounds like the role for you we'd love to hear from you. Applications close Friday 4th August 2017.
Gallagher is one of New Zealand’s largest, privately owned businesses. The company has operations in New Zealand, Australia, Asia, Africa, USA, Canada, the UK and Europe and exports to over 130 countries. Our culture is entrepreneurial in spirit, complex, challenging and ever changing and the business offers New Zealand based candidates unrivalled globally focused career paths.
Location: Hamilton - New Zealand
Closing Date: Friday, August 4, 2017
Online Recruitment CRM Solution Powered by © PhoenixATS