Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Software Team Leader (Hands-on People Leader)
Our purpose at Gallagher is ‘Protect what matters most’ and we live it every day. We use world leading tech to protect businesses, governments, and agricultural businesses in over 160 countries.
Although we’ve been in business for over 80 years, we’re experiencing more growth and opportunity than ever before. Our high-tech solutions are increasingly sought after worldwide – in the past year we have doubled our sales teams in the US and the UK, grown our manufacturing team by 50%, and invested in our support teams.
To support our growth, we’re looking for several people leaders from a product development or software background, to join our Enterprise Security Application and Hardware Development Squads.
Our people leaders sit at the intersection of product and engineering management, promoting an environment in which their team can do their best work. They make sure the team has all the information they need, and the right feedback loops in place, to deliver valuable customer outcomes predictably and sustainably.
People Leaders help their team learn and improve, sharing the team’s discoveries for the benefit of the broader organisation. They also look after team wellbeing and work to build their resilience.
In addition, our people leaders typically fulfill another role in the team they lead depending on their skills and background. This may be in software development, embedded software development, device testing or UX design.
As part of #TeamGallagher you will:
- Grow and develop the team members in your care, supporting them to increase their impact and contribution to the team and the organisation
- Create an engaging team environment, where everyone has a strong sense of purpose and understands how they are making a positive difference for our customers
- Work seamlessly with the relevant Value Owner (Product Owner) and other members of the product development network to ensure the team is enabled to deliver commercial and customer outcomes.
Who we’re looking for:
- People with formal or informal experience leading or mentoring software development teams
- Proven experience operating in scaled and distributed product development environments
- People with the capability and willingness to pitch in alongside the team, using their skills in software development, embedded software development, testing, UX design, or another technical capacity
The personal qualities important to us include:
- Collaborative and caring: You share knowledge freely and are motivated by making a positive difference
- Growth mindset: You are committed to personal and team growth and have a real desire to continue your own personal development
- Driven by integrity: You care about making things better
What we offer
You’ll be joining a responsive future focused team with a supportive, flexible work culture. It’s the culture at Gallagher that results in 94% of our people saying they are proud to work here.
We care about supporting our people to grow and learn, so we host regular development seminars, our people attend conferences (when the borders allow it), and on the job we work with customers who encourage us to push the boundaries every day.
By the way, did we mention we’re proudly based in the Waikato? Many of our team live round here too (and love escaping the rat race), however flexible working means you can live in nearby regions too. When you’re in the office, we have free parking, subsidised on-site café and great eateries nearby.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities
- Access to our community giving programme, enabling you to do volunteer work, ask Gallagher to donate to an organisation you’re involved in, or take part in a corporate challenge.
- Discounts at some of New Zealand’s favourite stores.
- Flexible working options including on-site or hybrid.
- Local and global career development opportunities (we are growing in New Zealand and around the world!)
Growth at Gallagher is constant, and we are building our team with like-minded individuals who relate to our story so that together we can continue to push the boundaries of what is possible.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and an appointment to the position may be made prior to the listing closing – so apply now.
Online HRM Solution Powered by © PhoenixHRIS